Saturday, June 23, 2012
Awards: The Liebster Blog Award
Umm, holy moly! I am so excited to have received the Liebster Blog Award! This is my first blog award so it's even more exciting. Thank you so much to The Reading Cave for choosing me as one of your 11. :) Also, a shout out to Markella from It's A Hardcover Life and Sarah from Three Cats and a Girl for thinking of me too! :)
So lets get right to it: The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less (that's me!).
The word Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here's the Rules:
1. Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you tagged
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post
4. Tell them you've tagged them
5. Remember, no tag backs
My 11 Random Facts:
1. I'm addicted to owls...all things owl are wonderous.
2. I have a knack for making up words...like wonderous.
3. I've spent two years talking about creating what is now Between the Bind.
4. In college, I was a music director for an all girls a-cappella group: The Sedoctaves
5. I was a pageant gal - former Miss American Junior Teen 2004 and Miss Florida Teen 2006.
6. I am naturally blonde and was for 19 years of my life...until I went brunette and met the hubs. He loves my dark hair. :)
7. I own over 200 bottles of nail polish. I love them. ;)
8. I am extremely afraid of bugs. Not in a normal "eek! bug!" way...more like I get chills all over my body, cold sweats, and hyperventilate...it's kinnnda a problem.
9. I LOVE to cook and bake! I make a mean mushroom risotto. :)
10. I'm an opera singer - but I also sing everything from pop to gospel. White girl got swag. ;)
11. My husband and I have had an actual conversation about what would happen if I was turned into a vampire. We made a plan that I have to turn him within two years. It was kinda a joke...?
Questions from The Reading Cave...
1. Why do you blog?
I knew that I wanted to start a book blog when I realized I couldn't remember all the plots to the books I'd throughout the year. My friends always ask me to recommend something for them or if I'd read a book and I wouldn't remember right away...I knew that it would just be easier and more enjoyable to write everything down.
2. Why do you read?
Reading is my release. It can take me to a place that can only exist in my dreams and that is an amazing gift.
3. Book character who you thought should have ended up with someone else?
Ugghhh Catniss from The Hunger Games. I loved Gale...
4. Book character who you thought should have a spin-off book?
This one is tough for me. I would love to see novella's from the perspective of several characters in several different series. I would say Christians (50 Shades) POV is something I would love to read. But as an entire spin-off? I would also love to read about Renesmee and Jacob 20 years down the road or something.
5. Author that you are guaranteed to buy anything from?
I have a few. Elle Casey, Deborah Harkness, Laurell K. Hamilton (up until this point), Bonnie Lamar and Kim Harrison. Oh and E.L. James. :)
6. Book series that you secretly google spoilers for hoping against hope to find out what happens in the next book?
I did that with 50 Shades...I had to wait 2 days for the new two books to be released so I wanted to know what happened after the abrupt ending. That was my first and only time, I swear! ;)
7. Author, who you trust, but sometimes what to yell at for what they are putting your beloved "friends" through:
Elle Casey made me cry with her relationship development in War of the Fae. She is so darn brillant! But it was hard to let go of some of the characters throughout her series.
8. Three books that have made you cry:
War of the Fae series by Elle Casey
Witch-Fairy series by Bonnie Lamar
50 Shades series by E.L. James
Any GREAT book makes me cry.
9. 5 swoon worthy characters:
Christian Grey (50 Shades Series), Knightley Vander (Dulcie O'Neil Series) - I mean look at him... Wolfe Stovia (The Fade Book 1) Bones (Night Huntress Series), Dimitri (Vampire Academy Series)
10. Three characters' "team" who you secretly are not a member of:
I've been pretty open about all of them EXCEPT not being Team Peeta (The Hunger Games), Team Stephan (The Vampire Diaries) or Team Heath (House of Night series). I usually route for the nice guy...but these nice guys just didn't get underneath my skin.
11. Four book characters who you would love to meet:
Tim the Pixie (War of the Fae), *Unmarried* Christian Grey (50 Shades), Eugenie Markham (Dark Swan Series), Dumbledore (Harry Potter)
EDIT: I got tagged again! :) YAY! Here are some updated questions from the lovely Ara.
Questions from Ara - My Book and My Coffee
1. What’s your favorite TV series?
Wow - I would say either True Blood or Game of Thrones. I watch EVERY episode. :)
2. What’s your favorite movie?
I don't think I have a singular favorite movie. Excuse the girl moment but I love all of the Twilight movies...but I would say Underworld is one of my favorite movies/series. And Momento was an excellent movie too. :)
3. You’re in a bookstore, which section do you go to first? i.e. Young Adult, Romance, etc.
I am a paranormal freak...and my local bookstore has a paranormal section that I go to first EVERY time. In a normal book store? Man...it's been over a year since I've been in one! I get so many books from Amazon or my local store. :)
4. What’s your favorite food?
Ohhh girl. Let me tell you what - I love me some food! MmMM! I'm making a roast in the crockpot as I type right here! But I would say it have to be a tie between Italian and Mexican food. And no - I can't be more specific because I LOVE it ALL! *fat kid grin*
5. Any collections other than books?
Owl...everything. I mean it's so bad that I was watch Magic Mike - yes girl, with that hot piece of you know what on the screen in his BED - and noticed the OWL on his nightstand! And it gets worse...the 5 ladies I was with ALL looked at me and said, "OMG Jenna OWLS!" -_- Oh and nail polish. :)
6. Any plans on writing your own book?
If I could come up with characters that I was passionate enough to write about, absolutely! I Love writing...I just haven't found a character who won't leave me. :)
7. What do you think of the Harry Potter series?
8. Which would you prefer? Hardcover, paperback or eBooks?
Hmmm..I have a creepy book collection so I love buying books in print but eBooks are so convenient and light weight. Oh man...I'm strengthening my wrists for the new Deborah Harkness book coming out in a week! My Kindle is NOTHING and that 500+ page book is going to put my weak wrists to the test!
9. Do you see yourself blogging after 20 years?
I think it would depend on my family and where I am in the world. I love blogging so I could see it as a constantly throughout my life. I may just guest blog though instead of doing everything on my own.
10. What’s your favorite color?
Pink and Green. :)
11. Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate or Milk?
COFFEE. and occasionally a chai tea latte. I'm spoiled by my Keurig.
Blogs I'm Tagging:
2. Dive Under The Cover
3. Lace and Lavender
4. Far From Reality
5. Little Hyuts
6. Bound 2 Astound
7. Shelly's Book Club
9. Book Liaison
10. Read Between The Covers
11. Dawn and Winnie Book Reviews
Questions for the Tagged:
1. What is your real name?
2. What "paranormal"-being would you choose to be and why?
3. Who are your favorite indie authors (max: 3)?
4. Book you were surprised to have loved?
5. Top three favorite singular books (with links):
6. Top three series (with links):
7. What is your worst habit (book or otherwise)?
8. 5 most "swoon-worthy" characters?
9. Future release you're drooling over?
10. What blog post are you the most proud of? (please leave a link):
11. What last made you smile?