Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Review: Goddess In The Middle (Forgotten Goddess Book 3)

Rating: 4.5 Stars
Genre: Paranormal Romance/Erotica (M/F/M)
Author: Stephanie Julian
Series: Forgotten Goddesses
Publication Date: July 1, 2012
BuyAmazon :: B&N
BlurbRomulus and Remus are sexy werewolf cousins with an unbreakable bond. When they meet beautiful goddess Amity and save her from an encroaching demon, they discover that the three of them together are way more powerful than any of them could ever have imagined. And they're going to need that power to overcome the forces that are determined to steal Amity's magic and destroy the two men. As different as night and day, and each an amazing man in his own right, Rom and Remy make all of Amity's deepest fantasies come true.


This book was so much more than I expected - honestly? I was blown away by the depth of characters and the world I was thrown into, but let me back up for a minute. When I received this book, my loopy self didn't realize that it was the third in a series. I have series-OCD and must read the previous books before I read/review the next one, to which I've made an exception only after a trusted source has told me to jump right in, so in this case I couldn't have been more excited to learn more about the cameo characters in Goddess In The Middle.


This books heroine, the lovely goddess of healing, Amity, is working as a medical esthetician in a local hospital, using what little powers she has to help humans feel comfort from their pain. Although aware of the recent attacks on other goddesses from the God of the Underworld, Amity feels that her limited power isn't in danger and simply enjoyes her simple life in the world of humans.


Rom and Remy, lucani cousins hell bent on revenge, learn that the demon they are hunting has for some reason targeted the sexy Amity and are watching her from *not too* far across the bar. Feeling an inexplicable draw to this old-world beauty and knowing that it's the best way for them not to miss the demon, they decide to go home with Amity, having no idea the impact this not-so-innocent choice has on their future.

Sparks fly, demons bleed, and hearts mend on this journey, uncovering the lucani's protective instincts and slowly allowing Amity to let down her walls...in the midst of some hot lovin'!

I picked up this book when in need of a sexy, simple read to keep my mind off of the disarray in my house due to the recent move. That being said, I have now added Stephanie Julian to the list of authors that certainly can create an erotic read without skimping on the storyline. I connected with Amity quickly but more so with Rom and Remy, both of whom had endured pain and loss and who's lives are a story on their own.

I enjoyed meeting the other two goddesses, goddess-in-training and their men who I'm sure were in the first two books in this series. So much so in fact that I am going to buy the first two books and add them to my to-read pile.

My only negatives were that the book didn't answer many of my questions about the lucani brothers and their purpose in the story. Furthermore, I didn't feel as though the relationship between the cousins and Amity was explored thoroughly enough. I wish there was a second book focused just on their developing dynamic and relationship.

Overall, this was a great read - fast-paced with some smokin' sexy time thrown in. Add in a goddess-double-stuffed oreo cookie and it was just one glass of milk away from an Mm Mm good time! ;)


xo,

 Jenna Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment