Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wahoo! Wednesday: Teach Me?

These last two weeks I've been crazy busy readying my classroom for back-to-school - instead of paper cuts from turning pages I have blisters from being the scissor queen. :)

So, instead of telling you what my classroom looks like, here are some pictures: *WARNING* PICTURE HEAVY! :)





Here is my welcome sign! I was inspired by Live Love Laugh Kindergarten. Thank you for the free print! After print this sign I used black card stock, decorative scissors, a laminating machine, a hole punch and ribbon to complete this beauty. :)



Here is my parent info board! I'm super proud of it and I really tried to make it interactive. A lot of teachers create a parent board at the beginning of the year but most that I know (me included!) don't keep it updated or use it as a consistent form of communication with their parents. Well, this year, I created it with that in mind. Updates weekly are a must. Although there are two blank spots (one is my assistant's bio and the other is going to be pictures of the kids reading the book of the week) I think it looks pretty darn good. Oh and my giving tree is updated whenever we need something - the parents can remove a circle, take it with them and contribute to the class - giving items we really need.


Alphabet wall and top of my little one's cubbies.


Number wall and other set of cubbies.

Gum ball machine birthday board made out of contact paper.





















My teacher closet, bathroom door, and rainbow shape wall. The close up on the left is of our classroom rules made with inspiration from First Grade Fever. And that is our potty rocker wall (not quite complete!).


Our science center posters! It was so hard to find something for science that wasn't theme related and could remain on the wall all year round. *high five* for this set from Teachers Pay Teachers


My spanish/english colors on my circle board! I haven't completed the entire board yet but that picture will be coming. :)


Finally, my notice to parents to check their children's specific folder daily for art, memo's, etc. I LOVE this system - it's easy for both students and parents. :)

Thank you for listening to my rambling and I know I don't often post personal things on my page but shoot - it's Wahoo! Wednesday!!! :)

What are you wahooing about this Wednesday?!

xo,

 Jenna Lynne


10 comments:

  1. Ahh, so great! Love teachers who love what they do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! A lot of work - but well worth it! :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing! I love it. It's obvious you care and love what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I do - I love my little ones. :)

      Delete
  3. Jenna that looks awesome! I wish my primary school had a classroom like yours back in the day haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks lady!! It was a lot of work but I've really enjoyed the outcome. :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome Jenna what a wonderful learning environment you have created.
    Permission to pat yourself on the back and buy a new book..you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. :) Just read this post to the hubs! haha! ;)

      Delete
  5. That is Awesome, Jenna!! I think I have more fun with colorful artsy types of interactive stuff than my kids do. lol Definitely pat yourself on the back!

    ReplyDelete