Thursday, October 4, 2012

ARC Review: The Witch's Dream (The Order of the Black Swan, Book 2)

Rating: 4.5 Stars
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Author: Victoria Danann Website :: Facebook 
Release Date: October 14, 2012
Add to Goodreads
Buy: Amazon
BlurbFrom New York to Ireland to Edinburgh to Siena to the Texas Hill Country to Napa Valley, a secret society, a witch, a demon, a psychic, a berserker, an ex-vampire, modern day knights, heroes, werewolves, elves and fae come together where emotions intersect. The story maps a trail from rages to hunts to epiphanies, but, in the end, proves that true love can find you in the strangest places, when you're least expecting it, even when you're far, far from home...more.

*Read my review of the first book in The Order of the Black Swan series, My Familiar Stranger, HERE*


The Witch's Dream begins right where My Familiar Stranger left off. Elora and Ram are planning their wedding and all of B company is coming to join them in Ireland for the big day. Storm is still healing from his broken heart and trying to make amends with Elora and Ram, Kay and Katrina are brought into the main storyline a bit more, Baka is out womanizing (surprise!) and Lithia, the sexy green eyed witch, is the perfect distraction within the chaos.


I would say the first 20 percent of this book was setting us up for the amazingness that followed. Although I do believe that was Ms. Danann's intention, as My Familiar Stranger began slowly as well. After that first bit, The Witch's Dream quickly progressed and had me captivated.

One of my favorite developments in The Witch's Dream was the addition of some unique creatures. In the first chapter, we are introduced to incubi and about half way through, some sexy-as-get-out fairies join the party for a bit. I am so excited to see how the world of faerie is involved throughout the rest of this series.

Briefly, I would like to chat about a few new characters. Lithia quickly wormed her way into my heart. Almost as bad-you-know-what as Elora, with some awesome powers to boot, she knows what she wants and doesn't take no for an answer. Ram's sister, Aelsong, also was a hoot and I *think* we may see her as the focus of one of the future books in the series. Deliverance is an incubi demon. Busy being gods gift to women and all "kidnapper" and what not, I was surprised that he grew me -  an aloof kind of villain. And the prince of the fae - MmM! I love me some long haired, progressive thinking men, let me tell you what!

At the end of the last book, the Order finds a solution to the vampire issues they've been fighting against for years, and although vamps are slowly being eradicated, there is some definite foreshadowing on what needs solving next.

The Witch's Dream was dramatically fun, sexy, and addictive. It reminded me why I loved B company (like I needed reminding!) while simultaneously introducing me to what seems to be our new cast of misfits and deviants (whom I love dearly). Ms. Danann writes with fresh ideas and a unique structure that keeps me coming back for more! I am looking forward to the release of Book 3 in The Order of Black Swan series, The Summoner's Tale, coming out in January 2013.

If you haven't already, read My Familiar Stranger (Amazon) so that when The Witch's Dream is released, you're ready to jump feet first into the next installment in this fantastic paranormal series.


xo,

Jenna Lynne

*This book contains some graphic M/F sexual scenes. No BDSM, no menage.

**Thank you so much to Victoria Danann for providing me with an ARC copy of The Witch's Dream in return for an honest review.

4 comments:

  1. Likin that cover! And your review of course! It's going on my TBR list at the top and I'm looking forward to reading this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I only have room for one line out of what is now over a hundred reviews of "My Familiar Stranger", I use a line from your review of the first book: "This book was a ride!"

    I'm sure that I will come to rely on - "The Witch's Dream was dramatically fun, sexy, and addictive." - just as much when promoting this book. Love to have you read. You may not always be the most complimentary reviewer, but you "get" what I'm trying to do. Naturally I think that makes you very, very smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Victoria. I looove your writing style and am so very looking forward to the next in this series. :)

      Delete